TSST Physics 2020 - 2021
FREE COURSE! Train to become a Physics Specialist with Teacher Subject Specialist Training (TSST)
The purpose of this training is to improve the subject knowledge of non-specialist and returning teachers. It will increase the number of hours taught by offering school-led teacher subject specialism training opportunities.
The Herts and Bucks TSA are running the Physics TSST programme for the sixth year in 2020 / 2021. The course is aimed at teachers with QTS who are already teaching or plan to teach some physics at secondary/FE level. The course is also suitable for those returning to teaching after a career break.
For teachers meeting the criteria, this course is FREE through funding provided by the government. This includes:
- non-specialist teachers who could potentially teach a relevant subject in addition to their main subject
- non-specialist teachers who are currently teaching a relevant subject either full-time or in addition to their specialist subject
- teachers looking to return to the profession
About the Course
Ideal For Secondary teachers to teach Key Stage 3 and 4.
Venue: St Clement Danes School, Chorleywood WD3 6EW
FREE for all eligible participants
- Allows you to teach Physics confidently up to GCSE
- The course draws upon up-to-date research to improve subject knowledge, pedagogy and practical skills
- The training will blend 5 face-to-face days with guided independent learning and online support
Dates for 2020 / 2021
- Monday 12th October 2020
- Monday 23rd November 2020
- Monday 11th January 2021
- Monday 8th February 2021
- Monday 15th March 2021
Outcomes for Participants
- Wider teaching opportunities
- Improved overall quality of teaching and learning in your lessons
- Extension of your subject knowledge and the opportunity to learn and develop skills with others from schools across the region
Outcomes for Schools
- Improved quality of teaching and learning in Physics lessons
- Measurable improvement of Physics provision within the school
- Greater flexibility of staffing for example . . .
. . . an opening up of opportunities for the Science department to run separate sciences at KS4
For further information or to apply, please email: