TSST Physics 2018 - 2019
FREE COURSE! Train to become a Physics Specialist with Teacher Subject Specialist Training (TSST)
The purpose of this training is to improve the subject knowledge of non-specialist and returning teachers. It will increase the number of hours taught by offering school-led teacher subject specialism training opportunities.
The Herts and Bucks TSA are running another Physics TSST programme for the fourth year in 2018 / 2019. The course is aimed at teachers with QTS who are already teaching or plan to teach some physics at secondary/FE level. The course is also suitable for those returning to teaching after a career break.
For teachers meeting the criteria, this course is FREE through funding provided by the government. This includes:
- non-specialist teachers who could potentially teach a relevant subject in addition to their main subject
- non-specialist teachers who are currently teaching a relevant subject either full-time or in addition to their specialist subject
- teachers looking to return to the profession
About the Course
Secondary teachers or Primary teachers to teach cross phase
Key Stage: KS3 and KS4
Venue: St Clement Danes School, Chorleywood WD3 6EW
Cost: FREE for all eligible participants
- Allows you to teach Physics confidently up to GCSE
- The course draws upon up-to-date research to improve subject knowledge, pedagogy and practical skills
- The training will blend 5 face-to-face days with guided independent learning and online support
Dates for 2018 / 2019
- Tuesday 16th October 2018
- Thursday 15th November 2018
- Wednesday 16th January 2019
- Tuesday 19th March 2019
- Tuesday 4th June 2019
Outcomes for Participants
- Wider teaching opportunities
- Improved overall quality of teaching and learning in your lessons
- Extension of your subject knowledge and the opportunity to learn and develop skills with others from schools across the region
Outcomes for Schools
- Improved quality of teaching and learning in Physics lessons
- Measurable improvement of Physics provision within the school
- Greater flexibility of staffing for example . . .
. . . an opening up of opportunities for the Science department to run separate sciences at KS4
For further information or to apply, please email:
Our funding relies on each teacher completing the five full days training which is why we ask schools for a £250 deposit. This will be returned on their completion of the course.