We run a yearly induction programme for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) throughout the Herts and Bucks Teaching School Alliance. We have a vast experience of working with NQTs across the Alliance and we see NQT Induction as a means to develop the best teachers in the local area.
Our Key Aims
- To improve learning outcomes for students by ensuring that NQTs have the range of skills, knowledge and experience that will enable them to deliver high quality learning activities
- To retain the best quality teachers by giving NQTs opportunities to develop their careers successfully
The NQT induction programme consists of five twilight sessions and a full conference day toward the end of the academic year.
This year’s programme consists of the following sessions:
- Independent Learning
- NQTs aiming for Outstanding Learning
- Stretch and Challenge with a focus on the Highly Able
- Behaviour & Development
Conference sessions include:
- Questioning strategies
- KS2 Pedagogy / Impact on secondary school teaching and learning
- Stretch & Challenge
- How can technology assist me with the Teaching & Learning
If you would like any NQT to join this programme for 2019 - 2020, please contact Paula Moore at