Latest NewsPosted on 29 Nov 2019
STEM CLUB CHAMPION
‘Making the Difference Together’
An opportunity for teachers of Maths, Science, Engineering or Technology to become the Danes Educational Trust STEM Club Champion between January 2020 and 31st July 2021
As the DET STEM Club Champion, and working alongside the Science Learning Partnership Lead, Mandy Quinton, you will focus on driving growth and developing the STEM Club ‘ecosystem’ in the DET schools and further afield. The DET will act as a local hub for STEM Clubs in the region, reaching out to all local secondary schools to sustain and grow their STEM Clubs as well as offering additional support to start STEM Clubs in eligible schools.
In order to encourage schools to set up STEM Clubs and strengthen our local ecosystem, you will be given eight half days for pre-planning and cross-school working and will be expected to facilitate a further eight pre-developed twilight programmes annually from January 2020 (These may be delivered by yourself or another suitably qualified colleague of your choosing.):
1. STEM Clubs – Getting started
2. STEM Clubs – How to be successful and thriving
3. STEM Clubs – Enhancing employability skills and careers knowledge
4. STEM Clubs – Measuring impact and gaining recognition
5. STEM Clubs – Exploring opportunities, collaboration and recognition
6. STEM Clubs – Exploring Space as a theme
7. STEM Clubs – Challenges and competitions
8. STEM Clubs – Exploring the RAEng Activity Kit
You will also organise regular meets for local STEM Club leaders, encouraging them to share their knowledge, passion and experience with the leaders of new or struggling Clubs.
If you are not a trained STEM facilitator, you will be expected to undertake STEM facilitator training in advance of delivering training programmes which will be provided following the appointment.
If not already a Specialist Leader of Education, remuneration for the post is a TLR3 of £1,000 per 12 month period.
This post is available to all DET, and Teaching School Alliance STEM colleagues.
If you are interested in the role, please submit an Expression of Interest (no more than one side of A4, font size 11) by 12.30pm on Wednesday 11th December outlining:
- Why you are interested in the role
- How your experience and skills are appropriate to the role (including relevant experience of facilitating CPD and how you have collaborated with colleagues beyond your department)
Please return this to: Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, Danes Educational Trust,
Telephone – 01923 589699, Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information regarding the role, please contact Rachel Brindley, Trust Improvement Director at email@example.com.