Paid Internship Programme
Are you a STEM subject undergraduate in your penultimate or final year?
Are you interested in teaching?
Would you like to earn £1,200 for a 4-week internship?
The Herts & Bucks TSA is offering a paid internship programme commencing in June 2019 for undergraduates in STEM subjects who are interested in finding out more about teaching Physics or Maths. As part of the programme you will:
- Have the support of a subject specialist mentor throughout the 4-weeks
- Shadow experienced teachers and observe lessons
- Experience the day-to-day life of teaching in a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’
- Secondary School
- Work with 6th form students hoping to study a STEM subject at university
- Support small groups of students in Physics or Maths
- Have the opportunity to teach a lesson
- Experience networking opportunities with qualified subject specialists
- Receive comprehensive guidance and support on how to apply for teacher training
To apply, please email your CV to Mary Howard, HR & Recruitment Officer at email@example.com
Internships available at the following schools: Bushey Meads School, Dr Challoner’s High School, Francis Combe Academy, Parmiter’s School, Queens’ School, St Clement Danes School, St Joan of Arc School, St Michael’s Catholic High School and The Reach Free School.