Teaching & Learning Conference, April 2019
The Herts & Bucks TSA belive strongly that CPD plays a huge part in our teachers success.
Dr Challoner's High School for Girls held a highly successful Teaching & Learning Conference on 23rd April 2019 for their own staff and invited TSA schools.
Thank you to all the speakers on the day who kindly gave up their time to support the event.
Dr Challoner's were really pleased with the feedback received, some of which is recorded below.
Session: Using Technology Across the Curriculum
- It was very useful to see how other schools are using new technologies.
- Very useful! Matt was an excellent presenter - lots of opportunities to discuss, ask questions etc which meant I got a good understanding of how the technology had actually had impact as opposed to being viewed as a ‘fun gadget’.
Session: Balancing Challenge and Support
- Very valuable! Lots of practical ideas! Session was engaging and really well led.
- Very useful. I am definitely going to implement some of the strategies that I learnt in the session in my lessons.
- Extremely valuable - I have adjusted elements of my practice and have used some of the methods in my lessons, which have been successful and am looking forward to a possible collaboration/ideas regarding supporting a small number of Y10 students.
Session: Best Practice in SEND
- Extremely valuable! I thought the staff that ran the session were knowledgeable and had planned the session well.
- Very valuable. I came away with lots of ideas and opportunities to reflect on my own practice.
Session: Supporting Students with Dyslexia
- My attendance was extremely valuable. I was totally inspired by this workshop.
- The session gave me a greater understanding of how dyslexics struggle with everyday things It also provided me with a basic knowledge of how technology can assist them even in an exam situation.
- Very useful - the speaker, who was excellent, highlighted many ways to overcome hurdles both at school and in the workplace. Would be good if he could perhaps run a session with the students - very motivational.
- Many thanks for arranging this!